Every year, we hear of families whose Christmas has been ruined by thieves stealing their stash of presents. It would be nice if the crooks took a break for the holidays, but they won't. Don't make yourself an easy target for their next “job.”
- Use your locks, even if you are only going to be gone “for a minute.”
- Use a deadbolt and entry lock on every exterior door, including the door from the house to the garage.
- If a lock isn't working properly and easily, have it serviced.
- If you cannot account for every key to your home (or business), have it rekeyed.
- If you want your home to look less attractive to the “bad guys” than your neighbor's, upgrade your locks.
Give your family the gift of greater security this holiday season!
Altic Lock Service is offering special holiday discounts on quality Arrow Lock residential and commercial products from now until December 21, 2011. Call us at (317) 490-1469 for details.
And don't forget all the usual tips:
- Don't leave packages visible in your car.
- Don't leave a purse unattended in a shopping cart.
- Make sure your home appears to be occupied, even when out shopping, visiting, or on vacation. Motion-activated lights are great, as are light timers inside the house. Leave a radio or television on.
- Illuminate entranceways around your home, including accessible windows.
- Don't leave gift packages where they are visible from outside the home.
- Use care when disposing of packaging of valuable items - don't advertise the new items that will be found in the home.
- Don't open the door to strangers. Install a door viewer so that you can see who is at your door.